Sunday, March 1, 2009

Obliques. I wants them.


When I swim, I can tell that I am not rotating enough, or easily enough, and when I get tired I tend not to do it consistently. I'm sure this is because I have zero abdominal strength. Ergo, I headed to my first Pilates class yesterday. I think it's going to be exactly what I need, because everything from my ribs to my hips is sore today. Sadly, I think I'm only going to be able to get to one class a week at the gym--the others are too early in the day--so I think I'll get a DVD to try on my own and see how that goes. Plus, straight-up crunches never hurt anybody.

I did notice, though, during one of my post-workout inspections, that I *think* I might be getting the faintest shadow of baby obliques. They're not visible to the naked eye (only my own highly optimistic eye) but I do think they might be there. ;)

No comments: