Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hundreds and Hundreds

At masters this morning, we had a set of 10 x 100, odds fast with an out of water start (off the deck not the blocks) evens recovery. 
My times were:
1 - 1:05
3 - 1:05
5 - 1:06
7 - 1:08 (oops!)
9 - 1:06

So, not that bad. I felt pretty good until number 7, at which point the piano fell. Hard. I was able to pull it together again for number 9, although I had gotten to the point where I could no longer really feel my arms. I was just trusting that they were doing what I told them to, and I'm pretty sure I was flailing.    

If only I could hold that pace for 4.4 miles!!  

So, things to work on - holding a faster pace for longer distances. Not losing technique as I get tired. And ramping up the yardage. 
I'm aiming to do a T-30 this weekend. Any bets on whether I lose track of my laps? Ok, that's not a fair bet. Any bets on how far into the 30 minutes I lose track of my laps?


1 comment:

The Nerdy Fashionista said...

I always lose track almost immediately. It's sort of embarrassing.